Three days before Passover feast- Tuesday – (12th) –
“In the morning” (Mark 11:20), Jesus and the twelve disciples travelled from Bethany to Jerusalem.
As they walked, they passed by the fig tree Jesus cursed yesterday. It was withered. Peter pointed it out to Jesus. Jesus told the disciples, with faith they could move mountains. (Mark 11:20-24)
During this final week of his life, Jesus taught in the temple each day. The chief priests and the scribes and the chief of the people were seeking to kill him, but they couldn’t find a way because all the people were very attentive to hear him. (Luke 19:47-48)
– Jesus was answered when his authority was questioned by chief priests, scribes and elders (Mark 11:27-33)
– Parable of the Wicked Tenants (Mark 12:1-12)
– Paying Taxes to Caesar (Mark 12:13-17)
– Marriage in the Resurrection (Mark 12:18-27)
– Greatest commandment (Mark 12:28-34)
– Being David’s son (Mark 12:35-37)
– Beware of the scribes (Mark 12:38-40)
Jesus sat across from the treasury and watched as people put money in it.
– The widow’s coin (Mark 12:41-44)
Jesus sat on the mount of Olives and spoke privately with Peter, James and John about signs of the end times.
– The Second Coming (Mark 13:1-37)