Luke 21:25-28 (Also found in Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27)
Immediately after the tribulation of those days: (Matthew 24:29)
- the sun shall be darkened
- the moon shall not give her light
- the stars shall fall from heaven
- the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.
…And upon the earth: (Luke 21:25-26)
- distress of nations, with perplexity;
- the sea and the waves roaring;
- Men’s hearts failing them for fear and for looking after those things which are coming on the earth: because the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
And then the sign of the Son of man shall appear in heaven: and then all the tribes of the earth shall mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. (Matthew 24:30-31)
The gospel of Mark says, “then he shall send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven” (13:27)
And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up and lift up your heads; for your redemption draws nigh. (Luke 21:28)